"It always seems impossible until its done."
, a South African politician who served as President of South Africa from 1994 to 1999, the first ever to be elected in a fully representative democratic election. Before being elected President, Mandela was a militant anti-apartheid activist, and the leader and co-founder of Umkhonto we Sizwe, the armed wing of the African National Congress (ANC). In 1962 he was arrested and convicted of sabotage and other charges, and sentenced to life imprisonment. Mandela went on to serve 27 years in prison, spending many of these years on Robben Island. Following his release from prison on 11 February 1990, Mandela led his party in the negotiations that led to the establishment of democracy in 1994. As President, he frequently gave priority to reconciliation, while introducing policies aimed at combating poverty and inequality in South Africa.
R.I.P Nelson Mandela (July 18, 1918 - December 5, 2013)
- manchester: gays. you will probably get mugged.
- liverpool: like manchester, but less gay. you will definitely get mugged.
- newcastle: probably quite good for canadians as exists in permafrost and has never left the 90s.
- leeds: it's a lot cheaper than london
- bradford: leeds but awful
- nottingham: gun death capital of the uk!
- derby: intense rivalry with nottingham, literally no one else in the country or world gives any fucks about this.
- hull: violently resist anyone who attempts to take you here
- leicester: i'm not sure this is a real place
- york: this is an illustration from the top of a christmas biscuit assortment
- birmingham: NO.
- brighton & hove: more gays. is only a pretend city. mild to moderate chance of mugging. contains some deeply annoying hippies. basically if san francisco was british.
- portsmouth: there is literally nothing here.
- southampton: exactly the same as portsmouth but smells of off milk
- bristol: you have a 1 in 10 chance of ending up in a bbc recording. everyone sounds like a farmer or bob marley.
- cardiff: you have a 1 in 5 chance of ending up in a bbc recording, and a 1 in 3 chance of being glassed.
- plymouth: post apocalyptic wind tunnel full of drunk sailors pissing on depressed hookers. do not enter.
- penzance: everyone here is from london now.
- london: no one from london is actually from london and even breathing is expensive.
- cambridge: windy and full of equal amounts of homeless drug addicts and public schoolboys. the junkies are nicer.
- oxford: same number of cunts as cambridge but easier to escape from due to all-night bus to london
- edinburgh: a goth turned into a city. basically london but slightly more scottish.
- glasgow: it is impossible to tell whether people are angry or happy.
- aberdeen: las vegas at the point when vegas starts crying uncontrollably
- belfast: do not order "an irish car bomb" OR "a black and tan" here.
- wolverhampton: really, really don't.
- norwich: count people's fingers. mutations walk here.
- coventry: like plymouth, bombed flat in ww2. like plymouth, failed to take the hint. like plymouth: do not alight here.
Get your tits out, girls. Whatever you like. No matter how big they are, get them out.